Good news y'all , we have something to give away and we will once again be using our Haiku contest format to determine the recipient. Drum roll please . . . we are partnering up with BeachBikes.net to give away a Customized California-Style Beach Cruiser.
That’s right, you read it right and clear. Beachbikes.net is sponsoring a giveaway contest where YOU can be the winner of a brand new, completely personal 100% customized beach cruiser bike. BeachBikes.net is a company based out of Santa Monica, California, that specializes in custom-made beach cruiser bikes.
Design your bike exactly the way you want it; choosing everything from the frame (Men’s or Women’s), to the speeds (1, 3 or 7), fenders, rims, seat, and even adding custom decals, among other options! With the customizer, the possibilities become endless. The winner of the contest will receive a $350 coupon to the site, where you’ll be able to order your brand new bike and get it shipped straight to your door (as long as that door has a U.S. address). Here are a few sample pictures from their website . . .
And here is a color scheme of my own doing via me playing with the customization feature on their website -
Here's what to do if you want to enter the contest:
- Ask yourself if you live in the U.S. If the answer is "yes", your entry or entries will be entered into the contest for the bike. If international readers want to submit Haiku for fun we welcome it, but the winner of the contest will have to reside in the U.S. I might try to come up with some sort of other prize if readers residing in other countries still want to participate.
- Compose your Haiku – see examples of the 5-7-5 pattern below. If you wish to use the traditional Haiku pattern of 5-7-5 with syllables that is fine, but as this site states, "In foreign languages, there exist NO consensus in how to write Haiku-poems." Thus simply using 5 words, 7 words, and 5 words is fine. Haiku purists, this is bikehacks.com and following rules is not our specialty.
- The Haiku should be inspired by the usage of a beach bike and/or uses of the bike (for example, like cruising man). "Beach bike" does not need to appear in the Haiku, but we would like the Haiku to relate to usage of the bike and/or play on the theme. A title can be used but is not necessary.
- Leave your Haiku as a comment to this post. Enter the country and city you live in after your name in the name field. For example, if your name is Eddie Van Halen you could enter any of the following:
- Eddie Van Halen - Los Angeles, USA
- Eddie - L.A., USA
- Eddie the Guitar Shredder - Los Angeles, USA
- Eddie, my guitar solos will melt your brain - L.A., USA
- Eddie, I can't get along with lead singers - L.A., USA
- Submit as many as you like and yes we need your email address in the appropriate comment field too so we can contact you if you win. If you want inspiration for submitting multiple entries, please watch the totally tubular movie Real Genius - why this movie did not win an Academy Award is beyond me.
- The deadline to submit is Friday, March 4, 2016.
- The winner will be chosen by random number selection and will be announced in early March 2016.
- The winner must post their review of the bike to BikeHacks.com after putting the bike through the paces.
- Living near a beach is not a requirement to enter this contest.
- Because of spam I approve individual comments so your submissions may not post immediately but I will get to them.
BikeHacks.com Beach Bike Haiku Example 1
It is winter in Boston
Beach bike thoughts make me warm inside
Imagining sand between my toes
BikeHacks.com Beach Bike Haiku Example 2
Going nowhere fast
Wind in my hair feels just fine
Beach or not, warm thoughts
BikeHacks.com Beach Bike Haiku Example 3
Snow flakes make riding difficult
Sand can also pose a riding challenge
Would trade snow for sand