Good news readers, we have something to give away and we are reviving our Haiku contest format to determine the recipient. The good folks behind the Cyclo 505 have agreed to give one away to a Bike Hacks reader to review. The Cyclo 505 is a powerful GPS cycling computer designed to provide the most routing options, sensor support and connectivity for the serious cyclist - as long as that cyclist lives in the U.S. or Canada. Right now the unit is only set up to offer full functionality in the U.S. and Canada. The Cyclo 505 is also the first bike head unit to have the following:
- Wireless Di2 ANT support
- ANT+ trainer control support
- Direct Bluetooth Smart sensor support
- Wi-Fi capabilities
- Wireless music control (from your smartphone)
- Text message notifications/alerts
Here's what to do if you want to enter the contest:
- Ask yourself if you live in the U.S. or Canada. If the answer is "yes", your entry or entries will be entered into the contest for the unit. If international readers want to submit Haiku for fun we welcome it, but the winner of the unit will have to reside in the U.S. or Canada. I might try to come up with some sort of other prize if readers residing in other countries still want to participate.
- Compose your Haiku – see examples of the 5-7-5 pattern below. If you wish to use the traditional Haiku pattern of 5-7-5 with syllables that is fine, but as this site states, "In foreign languages, there exist NO consensus in how to write Haiku-poems." Thus simply using 5 words, 7 words, and 5 words is fine. Haiku purists, this is Bike Hacks and following rules is not our specialty.
- The Haiku should be inspired by the Cyclo 505 and/or uses of the unit. "Cyclo 505" does not need to appear in the Haiku, but we would like the Haiku to relate to usage of such a device. A title can be used but is not necessary.
- Leave your Haiku as a comment to this post. Enter the country you live in after your name in the name field. For example, if your name is Eddie Van Halen you could enter any of the following:
- Eddie Van Halen - USA
- Eddie - USA
- Eddie the Guitar Shredder - USA
- Eddie, my guitar solos will melt your brain - USA
- Eddie, I can't get along with lead singers - USA
- Submit as many as you like and yes we need your email address in the appropriate comment field too so we can contact you if you win.
- The deadline to submit is Monday, December 1, 2015.
- The winner will be chosen by random number selection and will be announced in early December 2015.
- The winner must post their review to BikeHacks.com after putting the Cyclo 505 through the paces.
BikeHacks.com Cyclo 505 Example 1
I have places to go
I hate getting lost and wasting time
Cyclo 505 helps me out
BikeHacks.com Cyclo 505 Example 2
I am challenged by directions
My wife wants me home on time
Computer means no doghouse time