It's a late Festivus Miracle! Wonderful folks out in the interwebasphere (hacking English is my specialty) want to give stuff to Bike Hacks readers! Earlier this week I announced that we are working on a giveaway for some Oakley glasses, and thanks to the developer of a new product we have an innovative new tool, Fix It Sticks, to giveaway.
Don't know what Fix it Sticks are? There just happens to be a video to tell you.
After batting some ideas around we have decided to revisit a successful idea from the past - Bike Hacks Haiku is back! As I recall, Japanese Haiku is based on writing poetry with attention to keeping count of the syllables used. The pattern of syllables in traditional Haiku appears to be 5-7-5. However, this site states that "In foreign languages, there exist NO consensus in how to write Haiku-poems."
So the contest is this – send us your best Fix it Sticks inspired Haiku, following the format of three groups of words, divided into a 5-7-5 pattern (if you wish to go traditional, see #1 below). You can submit as many as you like, and I will post them to the site.
After the deadline, the Bike Hacks and Fit It Sticks brain trust will drink beer and decide on winners. Yes, you heard it right, that's plural. Two individuals will be selected to receive and then review Fix It Sticks for bikehacks.com.
Here’s what to do:
- Compose your bike Haiku – see examples of the 5-7-5 pattern below. The Haiku should be inspired by the Fix it Sticks product/video/concept. You can use a title if you like, but it is not necessary. If you wish to use the traditional Haiku pattern of 5-7-5 with syllables that is fine too.
- Click on the Submit Your Hack link in the header of the main page and send us your Haiku, as many as you like.
- When you submit your entry, include at a minimum your first name, email address, and where you live.
- Your Haiku will be posted on the site for the public to view.
- The deadline to submit is Friday, March 1st.
- If you wish to include a picture to go with your Haiku that is fine too. Just let us know this when you submit and we will reply allowing you to send along a picture or pictures.
- Winners will be announced sometime after March 1st and there will be great rejoicing.
Bike Hacks Fix It Sticks Haiku
Customize your tool for you
Get that torque and push you need
Everything you need fo shizzle!