A while back we ran a post on making yarn out of old inner tubes. Jonthan, the reader who submitted the content, is back again with some more details and an example. Here is a Mad Max-ish looking example of his work:
If you could not guess what it is, there is a full account via a Picasa Web album belonging to Jonathan. His email to me stated the following:
The first bunch show in detail how to cut the tube up to make yarn, then the second show the holster I made for my headlight battery (the black box with the wire coming out of it) and how I have it mounted now on my mixte-frame bike.
I think it is safe to say that this is taking repurposing to a whole new level =)