Last week we notified readers that MICHELIN was running a sweepstakes to give away a bike. That contest deadline was July 31st however MICHELIN also agreed to provide BikeHacks with a $100 American Express gift card to give away any way that we see fit.
Last winter we ran a contest to give away a light from Bike Brightz. Readers were asked to integrate the BikeHacks logo into a photo and you can find the winning entry here. We were pleased with the way that contest went and this contest is going to follow the same theme, but with the MICHELIN Man. The contest goes likes this . . .
1. Choose a MICHELIN Man image of your choice from the Internet. For example, you can click here to view a Google Image search for images of the MICHELIN Man. How you go about picking the MICHELIN Man you want to use is entirely up to you.
2. Integrate the MICHELIN Man you have chosen into a photo or create your own jpeg file for submission. How you choose to accomplish this integration is up to you. You can Photoshop the MICHELIN Man image into a photo of your own or a photo that relates to pop culture or an interest of yours, or perhaps you can print the MICHELIN Man on paper and take a picture of him in a real world setting. You could also create your own jpeg file comprised of elements you put together - see my own sample at the end of this entry for inspiration. Be creative, all we care about in the end is a jpeg file we can post to the site for all to see.
3. Related to point 2, as the picture will be posted for the world to see, the picture should be in good taste. This is of course a gray area but needless to say you should not portray the MICHELIN man in a way that compromises his overall good nature.
4. We would prefer that the submissions relate in some way to bikes or cycling since we are a bike centric site. However, if you have a great idea that does not exactly relate to bikes or cycling, you are welcome to give it a go.
5. Send your entry as an attachment (jpeg files preferred) along with your name, city, and state (province) to [email protected] The preferred width of submissions is 525 pixels, no restrictions on height. We can resize as necessary so don't fret if you have trouble adjusting the size to the desired width.
6. The deadline to submit your entry for this contest is August 27th at midnight EST. There is no limit on the number of entries one person can submit - send us as many as you like. All entries will be posted on the site for public viewing. A winner will be chosen by the BikeHacks brain trust.
The winner gets a $100 American Express gift card. Have fun and we look forward to receiving your entries . . . now get to thinking!